Tuesday, December 18, 2007

We Sang The Same Old Lang Syne.



(Yesterday's lost, I still feel today. So I've another day of tribute as I remembered The Same Old Lang Syne).


We drank a toast to innocence, we drank a toast to now

And tried to reach beyond the emptiness but neither one knew how

We drank a toast to innocence, we drank a toast to time

Reliving in our eloquence, another 'auld lang syne'


The beer was empty and our tongues were tired

And running out of things to say

She gave a kiss to me as I got out and I watched her drive away

Just for a moment I was back at school

And felt that old familiar pain


And as I turned to make my way back home

The snow turned in to rain...


- Dan Folgeberg, Same Old Lang Syne from the Album The Innocent Age, 1981



We drank a toast to innocence, we drank a toast to time
Feel that old familiar pain, as we sang the Same Old Lang Syne.


- Ghostwise


~~~~~~~~~~"


When you’re not near me
The time don’t seem to move as easy

When you’re not near me

The sun don’t seem to feel the same

The days don’t shine as brightly

And the nights don’t taste as sweet

And this soul of mine feels

lost and incomplete.


- Dan Folgeberg, When You're Not Near Me from the Album Full Circle, 2003



When you're not near me
I fill the space with your music.


- Ghostwise


No comments: