Saturday, December 8, 2007

A Daughter Is A Daughter All Her Life.





A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life.

- Irish Saying



Can we say, daughters last twice as long?


- Ghostwise


~~~~~~~~~~"


Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express.

- Joseph Addison


What about those fathers who have no daughter?


- Ghostwise


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A daughter will slaughter us with a knife.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
iGhosts said...

Wooh! Don't know what to say. Guess I cannot say anything cause everyone's experience is unique. But I'm sure the vast majority of the daughters, mothers, fathers, sons, brothers, sisters are what we made them out to be.

Lydiane said...

A son is a son if he takes a good wife, as a daughter is a daughter all of her life.

My daughter-in-law was manipulative and selfish. I didn't realize how estranged my son had become from me until they broke up.

My son is still my son, and I now know he will be...all of his life.

I am blessed to have him back.

iGhosts said...

Glad to hear you've a happy ending.

Anonymous said...

Last week I was a Father to a daughter. She is now a wife. This week I am a bit more anonymous. I accept the new vows. I do! But they come with a separateness that I was not prepared for, nor able to adjust to on the spot. Tonight I approach my slumber with tears of joy. This is the first time in my life I feel the sense of creation and fulfillment. My daughter has delivered me to the next plateau.

iGhosts said...

I'm not sure I understand fully of what was said. But I wish you and your daughter the very best.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I am facing a few of these issues as well.
.

Here is my site - kliknij