Monday, December 17, 2007

Our "Leader Of The Band".




(Yesterday, one of my favorite singer/songwriter – Dan Folgelberg passed away after a long bout with prostrate cancer. He was only 56. In his most famous song “Leader Of The Band”, he paid tribute to his father through this famous line “Thank you for the freedom when it came my time to go”. Today, Ghostwise pays tribute to this amazing songwriter who will always be his leader of the band and for all of us who loves his music, we’re the living legacies to the leader of our band…)


I thank you for the music
And your stories of the road

I thank you for the freedom

When it came my time to go

I thank you for the kindness

And the times when you got tough

And, papa, I don't think I said

'I love you' near enough


The leader of the band is tired

And his eyes are growing old

But his blood runs through my instrument

And his song is in my soul

My life has been a poor attempt
To imitate the man

I'm just a living legacy

To the leader of the band


- Dan Folgelberg, Leader Of The Band from the album The Innocent Age 1981



We thank you for the music
And your stories of the road
We’re the living legacies
To the leader of our band

- Ghostwise

~~~~~~~~~~"

I was raised by a river
Weaned upon the sky

And in the mirror of the waters

I saw myself learn to cry


- Dan Folgelberg, The River from the album Home Free 1972



By the river today,
I saw the ripples of my tears


- Ghostwise




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.