Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Because I have traveled...





"Because I have traveled, I can see other universes in the eyes of strangers. Because I have traveled, I know what parts of me I cannot deny and what parts of me are simply the choices I make. I know the blessings of my own table and the warmth of my own bed. I know how much of life is pure chance, and how great a gift I have been given simply to be who I am. ...

"If we don't offer ourselves to the unknown, our senses dull. Our world becomes small and we lose our sense of wonder. Our eyes don't lift to the horizon; our ears don't hear the sounds around us. The edge is off our experience, and we pass our days in a routine that is both comfortable and limiting."

- Kent Nerburn, Letters to my Son


Eloquently put, those are the reasons I travel.

- Ghostwise

~~~~~~~~~~"

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.

- St. Augustine


I may never finish the whole book but I will try to read as many pages as I can.

- Ghostwise


No comments: