Saturday, June 28, 2008

What The Butterfly & The Flower Have In Common.



("Butterfly Wings" caught on a trip to the jungle. Of the 22, I was the only one gifted with this sight, because - I was looking for a butterfly.)



The butterfly is a flying flower,
The flower a tethered butterfly.

- Ponce Denis Écouchard Lebrun


Flower and butterfly,
What they share in common is beauty,
What they have in common is the gift to delight.

- Ghostwise

~~~~~~~~~~~

I've watched you now a full half-hour;
Self-poised upon that yellow flower
And, little Butterfly! Indeed
I know not if you sleep or feed.
How motionless! - not frozen seas
More motionless! and then
What joy awaits you, when the breeze
Hath found you out among the trees,
And calls you forth again!

- William Wordsworth, "To a Butterfly"


I watched you for a full half-hour,
And did not realize a full half-hour has gone by.

- Ghostwise


No comments: