Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Wanted To Know What I Was Going To Write.



(Waiting... for a story to unfold)


It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by. How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment? For the moment passes, it is forgotten; the mood is gone; life itself is gone. That is where the writer scores over his fellows: he catches the changes of his mind on the hop.

- Vita Sackville-West


A photograph may capture an image but it needs the accompanying words to bring the story to life.

- Ghostwise

~~~~~~~~~~"

Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn't wait to get to work in the morning: I wanted to know what I was going to say.

- Sharon O'Brien


You will be the one most surprised by what you have written.

- Ghostwise


No comments: