Monday, June 9, 2008

We Carry The River With Us.



(Yesterday, I took a several hours boat ride down Tembeling river for the start of my return home.)



“People who have lost relationships often wonder why they can't just let it be "water under the bridge." It is water under the bridge - the trouble is we do not live on the bridge but in the river of life with its many twists and turns.”

- Grant Fairley



And we carry our experiences, good and bad; down the winding river.

- Ghostwise


~~~~~~~~~"


“What makes a river so restful to people is that it doesn't have any doubt - it is sure to get where it is going, and it doesn't want to go anywhere else.”

- Hal Boyle


I'm going where the river takes me,

Beyond that, I do not know where I want to go.


- Ghostwise



2 comments:

Lydiane said...

How does one forgive another when the other refuses to acknowledge the wrong? I need resolution -- I fear drowning in the river with the weight of this sorrow around my heart. How do I make this problem into a gift?

iGhosts said...

We've all known sorrow and each of us handle it our own way. I don't try to forgive. I don't even try to forget. I just try to keep afloat by trying to find whatever little pleasures I can in the life I'm living. I focus on my life, not my sorrow.