Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Will Share With My Enemies My Dread Of Bats.



(Last weekend, I went into a dark, wet, slimy, smelly bat cave in Taman Negara.)



Bats, and an uneasy creeping in one's scalp
As the bats swoop overhead!
Flying madly.

Pipistrello!
Black piper on an infinitesimal pipe.
Little lumps that fly in air and have voices indefinite, wildly vindictive;

Wings like bits of umbrella.

Bats!

Creatures that hang themselves up like an old rag, to sleep;
And disgustingly upside down.

Hanging upside down like rows of disgusting old rags
And grinning in their sleep.
Bats!

Not for me!

- DH Lawrence


Bats! Not for me either, especially in a dark cave by the dozens.

- Ghostwise

~~~~~~~~~"

Alfred Pennyworth: Why bats, sir?
Bruce Wayne: Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies share my dread.

- Batman Begins


What they do for Batman, they do more for his enemies.

- Ghostwise



No comments: