Monday, April 7, 2008

Some There Be That Shadows Kiss.



(Today, I was engaged in some shadow play.)


Some there be that shadows kiss;
Such have but a shadow's bliss.

- William Shakespeare, (The Merchant of Venice)


I seek substance in a shadow's kiss;
And was thus undernourished.

- Ghostwise

~~~~~~~~~~~"

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

- William Shakespeare (Macbeth)


I played with shadows for so long,
That I could not tell,
Which is me and which is the shadow.

- Ghostwise


No comments: