Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Balloon Steals My Worries.

(Today I thought of balloons after seeing this picture goes swishing on by...)


The Balloon
I went to the park
And I bought a balloon.
It sailed through the sky
Like a large orange moon.
It bumped and it fluttered
And swam with the clouds.
Small birds flew around it
In high chirping crowds.
It bounced and it balanced
And bowed with the breeze.
It skimmed past the leaves
On the top of the trees.
And then as the day
Started turning to night
I gave a short jump
And I held the string tight
And home we all sailed
Through the darkening sky
The orange balloon, the small birds
And I.
- Karla Kuskin (adapted by James W. King)


I was sad
I went to the park
I saw a balloon floating
- Away with my worries.

- Ghostwise


“Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon”

- Winnie the Pooh


No comments: