Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Temple Of Stone Is Now A Ruin.


(Early tomorrow morning I'll catch a flight to Siem Reap & the ruins of Angkor Wat. Today's post is dedicated to the temples built by man purportedly for God. Ghost Wise will take a break until I returned in 5 days time. Hope to see you then.)


“I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.”


- Kahlil Gibran



That should be the spirit. But instead the selfish love of our own God divides instead of unites us.

- Ghostwise


~~~~~~~~~~

"
God wants his temple built of love, but men bring stones. "

- Rabindranath Tagore



Tomorrow as I walked among the ruins, I'll remember this...

- Ghostwise



2 comments:

Unknown said...

The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of Heaven & earth & does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands.... Acts 17:24

Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple & that God's Spirit lives in you. I Cor 3:16

..... Therefore honour God with your body. I Cor 6:19

How sad when we failed to realize that and reflect badly our God.

iGhosts said...

Stone is tangible, Love is not.
Who can believe one will last longer than the other?