Saturday, October 20, 2007

On A Snowy Winter Evening.



Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;

He will not see me stopping here

To watch his woods fill up with snow.


My little horse must think it queer

To stop without a farmhouse near

Between the woods and frozen lake

The darkest evening of the year.


He gives his harness bells a shake

To ask if there is some mistake.

The only other sounds the sweep

Of easy wind and downy flake.


The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.


- Robert Frost



I stopped by the woods on a snowy evening

There to bury my secrets and leave.


- Ghostwise


~~~~~~~~~~"


Someone painted pictures on my
Windowpane last night --

Willow trees with trailing boughs

And flowers, frosty white,


And lovely crystal butterflies;

But when the morning sun

Touched them with its golden beams,

They vanished one by one.


- Helen Bayley Davis, Jack Frost



Then up came the sun and

My secrets melted away with the snow.


- Ghostwise

No comments: