Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I Must Not Forget I Am Not A Monster.




(Today, I’m very angry – maybe even a little mad burning with righteous indignation and the desire to avenge injury done to my loved ones, at injustice, to strike back at violence with violence. To even the score. At moments like this, it is extremely difficult to keep a level head and convince myself that violence solves nothing, only exacerbates it. But I must denounce violence most when I found it most appealing.)


He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.

~Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil



We must become a monster if we want to use violence in our fight with monsters.

- Ghostwise.

~~~~~~~~~~"

“In violence, we forget who we are”

- Mary McCarthy



I must not forget I'm not a monster.

- Ghostwise



No comments: