Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Succession Of Changes From The Cradle To The Grave.



(Today I visited my father's grave.)



“Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own; and from morning to night, as from the cradle to the grave, it is but a succession of changes so gentle and easy that we can scarcely mark their progress.”

- Charles Dickens


But the succession of living to the dead cannot be said to be gentle or easy, and we marked clearly the end of that progress.

- Ghostwise

~~~~~~~~~~"

“If you're still hanging onto a dead dream of yesterday, laying flowers on its grave by the hour, you cannot be planting the seeds for a new dream to grow today”

- Joyce Chapman


I know I should be starting a new dream, but my heart says "hang to the old dream a little longer."

- Ghostwise


No comments: