Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Dragonfly With Its Million Eyes.



(As I alighted from my car, I thought about the Butterfly post I wrote last night. I don't know why it made me think of dragonfly. Surprisingly and coincidentally, I saw a dying dragonfly lying in front of my office. It was still twitching. Seeing it like that made me sad.)



Deep in the sun-searched growths the dragonfly
Hangs like a blue thread loosened from the sky.

- Dante Gabriel Rossetti, Silent Noon


I once saw hundreds of dragonflies hovering over me on a promontory jutting out into the ocean in Southern China. Until that day, I thought the mass of dragonflies pictured in Japanese cartoons are works of fiction for I had never seen so many before with my own eyes.

- Ghostwise

~~~~~~~~~~"

This dragonfly came up to me. He was hovering right in front of my face, and I was really examining him, thinking, How does he see me? I became enlightened.

- Ziggy Marley


He saw me with a million eyes.

- Ghostwise


No comments: