Saturday, November 17, 2007

We Just Hit A Century!



(We just hit a century! This is the 100 posts since I started this blog in August. Thank you for taking the ride with me. As best as I can, I try to make this a daily affair whenever I’m not traveling. The difference with other quotations sites is that I added a twist at the end of each quotation to complement, supplement, present another point of views, or even contradict it. I feel that every good quotation contained “some truth” but not the “whole truth” for there is always another point of view. Thus, while we appreciate good quotations, we should also not take them lying down. By all means, question them. Agree if you’re in agreement. Disagree if you if you can’t. But most important of all – you should have an opinion and know what that is. This makes it more stimulating and challenging.


Another difference is that my selections of good quotations are not restricted to so-called ‘literary’ materials only. I will take them from anywhere. It could be from books, poems, speeches, or any forms of writing. But I could just as well take them from songs, movies, fairy tales or even comics with the only criteria being I enjoyed it, I think it is meaningful, it impacted me at any stage of my life from childhood upwards, it is something I wanted to share and I see beauty in it. The appreciation of beauty is a subjective one and I make no excuse for being a die-hard romantic. Some may call me a “bleeding heart”, an idealist, a dreamer maybe even a Don Quixote. To varying degree, I’m guilty of all and could be accused of worse. For I would rather be all of them than a cynic for example. So stay with me while we go for the next century.)


“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

- Ashley Smith



Living life to the fullest begins with the appreciation of beauty.


- Ghostwise


~~~~~~~~~~"


“Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.”


- Ralph Waldo Emerson



Appreciation of beauty is happiness.


- Ghostwise

No comments: